14 February 2017, Tuesday
For the almond frosting:
- 2 cups almonds, preferably soaked overnight
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Water, as needed for the right consistency Raw Gorilla Crispies as a topping for the cake:
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the frosting, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding as little water as possible. Taste it. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the cake, cut the carrots into small chunks. Then put all the ingredients (including the carrots) in your food processor until small tiny pieces, virtually smooth.
- Press half the cake mix into the bottom of an adjustable spring-form pan.Then spread on about 1/3 of the frosting and a layer of crispies. Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting is hard. Then press on the rest of the cake mix. Then frosted the whole thing.You can keep this in the fridge overnight. Next day take it out of the pan and use the remaining frosting, cover with raw gorilla crispies and whatever garnishes you like.
Found this interesting? Tell your mates!