14 February 2017, Tuesday
For the crust…
- 1.5 cups nuts (I use half almond half pecans or walnuts)
- 1.5 cups dates
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- For the filling…
- 3 medium ripe avocados (around 450g)
- 100g coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup (90g) cocoa/cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 250-300g rice syrup, depending on how sweet you want it (or you can use any other liquid sweetener)
What to do:
- Add the nuts to a food processor and process until fine and almost flour-like
- Add the dates, sea salt and coconut oil and process until it forms one giant mass and then hand mix in a generous helping of Raw Gorilla Strawberry crispies.
- Press this into a round cake tin with the bottom lined with cling film, and freeze
- Place the avocados, coconut oil, and vanilla essence in your food processor until creamy
- Add the cacao and sea salt and process again
- Finally add the syrup and adjust the sweetness according to your taste
- Put a layer of strawberry crispies on top of the crust. the spread the advocate mixture on top.and freeze overnight.
- Take out of the freezer to defrost and place in the fridge 30-60 mins before serving. Just before serving sprinkle over raw gorilla strawberry crispies and fresh strawberries or petals.
Found this interesting? Tell your mates!